Chinook Computers’ Privacy Commitment Principles
(1) We do not read your private or business communications:
Chinook Computers honors the confidentiality of its Clients’ private communications in all documents, including e-mail. Chinook Computers does not read or disclose private communications except to comply with valid legal processes such as a search warrant, subpoena or court order, to protect Chinook Computers’ rights and property, or during emergencies when we believe physical safety is at risk. Of course, what you write or post in public chat rooms or on message boards and blogs is available not only to Chinook Computers, but to the general public.
(2) We do not use or maintain records of any information about where you personally go on the web, and we do not share or sell our Client Information with others.
We do not keep track of where you go on the Internet: the websites you visit may have their own privacy policies or no policy at all. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of websites before providing them with any of your personal information.
(3) We do not give out any information unless you authorize us to do so, and we give you the opportunity to correct your personal contact and billing information with us at any time.
When you join Chinook Computers in business, we ask you for your company name, contact name, business address, daytime telephone and fax numbers, and general billing information; including the payment type that you will use to satisfy any Invoice you may incur with us. However, we do not accept credit cards or debit cards, and we do not use direct bank transfer or electronic money transfers; we do accept cash, bank drafts, postal or bank money orders, and business cheques for the use of payment on your account. We ask our Clients to keep a secured record of the various login names and passwords you want to use, and keep these records current and protected.
Here is how we protect your information:
Chinook Computers will not give out or sell your personal or business telephone or fax numbers, addresses, names, or email addresses, except where needed to deliver a product or service that you have ordered from us. This is a rare exception, as we deliver all hardware, networking and software needs to our Clients On-Site for repair, installation and pick-up. Enterprise software may require end user information in order to purchase software on the client’s behalf.
We will not give out your account information unless you authorize it; for example, if you change the representative that will be our main contact person with your company.
We may collect and use other information for internal purposes. For example, any reported violations of our Terms of Service that you or someone on your account may have committed.
We have two exceptions to these Policies:
We will release specific information about your account only to comply with valid legal processes such as a search warrant, subpoena or court order, or in special cases such as a physical threat to you, Chinook Computers, or others.
We provide you with the opportunity to update or correct your contact and billing information that we have on file. Just as you want to make sure, that information Chinook Computers has about you is accurate, we want to keep only the most up-to-date information about your account with us. Therefore, whenever you believe that your contact or billing information needs updating, you can email us, or we may email or phone you to gather that information.
(4) We do not give out Client purchase data to others.
Your Purchases From Chinook Computers
Chinook Computers offers our Clients the opportunity to buy merchandise, such as specialty designed and built computer hardware, networks and software products that carry the Chinook Computers Warranty and Service Agreement. When you buy from us, we automatically gather purchase data, and we also record information about purchases made throughout our relationship with our Clients.
We will not sell or distribute our Client data with anyone. We do not give out any information about what you, as an individual or company, have purchased from Chinook Computers with anyone, except to comply with valid legal processes such as as a CRA (Canada Revenue Agency) audit, a search warrant, subpoena or court order.
Your Purchases Through Our Services
For all purchases, be sure to review the manufacturer’s warranties and their privacy policies, and contact them directly if you have any questions regarding such. Please maintain a record file of all such documentation for each computer, network and software installed On-Site. As we at Chinook Computers already have a general understanding of such Policies with our Suppliers, we may assist with such inquiries and or replacement parts from Suppliers on our Client’s behalf. Please note that our Suppliers may have privacy terms and policies that differ from our terms and privacy policies, and that they may use personal information which you may or may not wish provide.
(5) We at Chinook Computers will not sell you something that you don’t need, and we will not talk you into spending money that you do not need to spend. Our consultancy is designed to assist you in stabilizing your electronic document and network communication needs, for the present and for the future of your company.
(7) We will keep you informed, about what we do with your personal information, and we will advise you if we make changes to any of our policies. Whenever we change or amend a policy, we will give you 30 days’ notice of those changes through prominent disclosures, including notification on our website. If a policy change is substantial, we will notify each of our Clients individually through email.